2006 RX400h "Check Hybrid System" msg: !! ESSENTIAL RECALL !!

This recall DOES NOT EXPIRE!!!

To anyone having this problem......  Engine & whole system including power steering DIES AS YOU ARE DRIVING!   There is no pattern, it doesn't matter what speed you're doing etc.  Dash lights up like a Christmas tree, "check engine light,"  "Check Hybrid System" come on and all kinds of other problems.   You may have tried replacing the 12v battery - this helps reset the system but does NOT solve the problem.  You may have tried the simple reset on the dash display hoping that will do something - it does NOT solve the problem. 

This is a dangerous situation!  BUT, you may be driving a car that has never had this recall done. 

THERE HAVE BEEN TWO MAJOR RECALLS  RELATED TO THIS PROBLEM.  The first in 2011, the second in 2013.  Both are related to the inverter module inside the hybrid system.  IT IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM!   

So, if you are like me and have an older Lexus hybrid, I advise you to call your Lexus dealership REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU ARE HAVING THIS ENGINE DYING/SYSTEM FAILURE PROBLEM OR NOT!    Ask if your vehicle has ever had this recall done.  All they need is your VIN number. 

Take a look at this link and it explains everything in more detail:  https://www.cars.com/research/lexus-rx_400h-2006/recalls/ 

I hope this is a help to someone!! 

God bless you and stay safe. 

Thanks, Mark. We have taken ours in for the few recall notices we received in the mail, so I am confident that there are no outstanding ones we need to take care of.

However, those who did not buy their vehicles new should check, just as you mentioned.