Rust Under My Rx300....

nashlexus

Recently bought a RX300, and was looking under the car this weekend. There was rust everywhere. I'm sure it was because the car was originally from up north where they have to salt the roads heavily in the winter. I'm wondering...esp to those up north...should I be really concerned about this? The rust is not on the body or frame, but the bolts...axle, etc. Does anyone know what I can do about this rust? Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your reply.

(Also, I wrote about this earlier, but it seems that post was deleted...I'm new to the board..is this a topic I am not allowed to bring up?)

The posts are not actually being deleted. They are being moved to a closed section. When you post duplicate or triplicate copies of the same post in multiple forums, it gets very confusing for members to follow. It is much more advantageous if there is only one thread running on the subject.

As for you post, is it just surface rust or is it actually corroding away?

Thanks for the heads up steviej...sorry about the multiple posts earlier...thought I'd get a response quicker that way, but now I know. :whistles: It appears to be surface rust and not the metal corroding away...you know anything to help that? Worried mostly about the rust on the bolts and such as it seems if anything needs to get worked on, the bolt would be a pain in the $%# to get off, and possibly even break off, thus causing more money. Any suggestions? Thanks.