Vanderhall Venice2.jpg

Vanderhall Venice_Night.jpg

C7 Dusk photo.jpg

Edited by RX400h
Added Vanderhall Venice and wrapped Corvette
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

Superb machinery you've had the opportunity to drive...totally jealous Dave 

Hey, Trevor, I guess living in a big city has its advantages. I just recently rented a Vanderhall Venice and added 2 photos to the mix, above. The fastest so far was the 2019 McLaren 570S, followed by the 2020 Porsche 911 4S Cabriolet, the 2014 Corvette. The others were all quick but the Vanderhall  was the most "raw" - lots of noises, kindof like a cross between a motocycle and a kit car - lots of fun!

• Like 1

Yes, 0-60 MPH is about 4.5 seconds for the Vanderhall, which is close to the BMW i8 at about 4.2 seconds. The best sound from the Vanderhall is what is probably the turbocharger's waste gate. It's like hearing a big rig's air brake at almost the same sound level. You really can't wear a baseball cap; it would fly away at highway speeds, so I bought a World War I open cockpit plane cap that includes a chin strap. Bystanders must've thought I was some former military pilot who longed for the old days. 🙂 

• Like 1

Sounds insane!  I love cars like that, takes me back to the custom car days where you built crazy machines (see pic below of my old Vauxhall PA Cresta with Jaguar V12 under the hood)

image.png

The Pilot's hat sounds like a cool option to keep the bugs out of your eyes 🙂

Nice! That looks a bit like a 1957 Chevrolet. There are many here in the US with big engines in them.

There is a mechanic on youtube who is installing a Jaguar V12 engine in a 1966 Chevelle Malibu.
Engine Reveal! See what crazy engine the CAR WIZARD has selected to put in this '66 Chevelle Malibu - YouTube

I watch some of his videos. He is a very good mechanic.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 1:44 AM, Lexus Owners Club said:

So what else do you drive apart from your Lexus?

Tell or show us your Sports Car, Motorcycle, Truck

2010 Porsche Carrera S Coupe MT

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The bike above was custom made by a fellow who makes a living building bicycles for Worksman in New York. We talked about a few dimensions, cogs and wheels. It has a  2 speed coaster brake wheel called "kick back" where you press the brake lightly to switch from low to high. After it arrived I put a 22 tooth rear sprocket and 36 tooth front sprocket for 0-12 in a hurry with a high gear that lets me cruise at about 18mph. 

The car was a 2001 Honda Prelude my son bought real cheap with a botched rebuit engine. The piston walls have the same material as a Porche engine and the folks that rebuilt the engine honed it like a conventional cylinder wall so the rings never set. It was one of the last Preludes Honda built and had goodies like remote lock, and tinted windows. 

My son bought a torquey engine from a Japanese Accord station wagon. With the help of a couple of Prelude experts we converted the engine to US emmisions and largely rebuilt things to end up with a like new motor. Once it was fastened to a 5 speed that was also rebuilt we set about installing it in the car. The photo of my son standing in the empty engine bay was taken in May 2014. The car was on the road in October. We double and triple checked everything about 2-3 hours at a time on weekends and after work. Here in 2021 he has put around 60k miles with zero defects from our work. 

I gave him my pair of 91 Preludes for his 28th birthday. He sold one and finished restoring the other one. 

IMG-20190405-220919.jpg

The red one he sold

A6455EDD-246F-449A-BAA4-8026F5993F39.jpg

He kept this one until recently when he sold it to a collector. 

Between the 2 of us we had as many as 9 Preludes being restored at the same time one year. I have 0 now and he has the 2001.

I mainly drive an F-150 4x4 for work that the company let me pick the options for. I chose to make the work truck a sleeper due to having plain Jane wheels, vinyl seats and basic work truck looks with a Raptor drive train. She's awesome. Man when you hit the gas you'd better be aimed where you wanna go 'cause you're going there quickly. The company had 2 more built to match mine. But soon I'll be trading that one for a 4wd Ford Explorer with a police package my retired boss had built. That one is sweet too. 

14-C58-F4-A-3896-4-F6-C-BD50-69-B5350-CC

Left is the sleeper truck, right is the modern day police car.

Now if DMV would get me my %#€¥ license plates I could actually drive my 04 GS 300. And soon I'll be putting my 95 rattling red Ranger back on the road. I mothballed it about 10 years ago with 76k miles on it. I bought it for work in 98 and got a company truck in Y2k. I actually replaced 3 sets of like new tires because the sidewalls dry rot so I parked it one year. It's a snail but I drove it up and down the east coast for work for a while and never had a break down, a leak or any issues. 

Oh, and I bought Mrs Fixer a 2018 Ford Escape for Christmas in 2019. It was minty and has heated seats. 

9B0AFF7D-26CA-4F80-934D-517A0CC82ACF.jpg

In case DMV doesn't get my plates to me soon. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 3:49 AM, Bykfixer said:

The car was a 2001 Honda Prelude my son bought real cheap with a botched rebuit engine. The piston walls have the same material as a Porche engine and the folks that rebuilt the engine honed it like a conventional cylinder wall so the rings never set. 

The liners are coated with a ceramic so tend to last forever.....unless someone hones them of course 😞