2015 or 2016 GS350 AWD

Greetings GS forum.  I'm a long time Toyota/Lexus/Honda enthusiast. I currently need a newer vehicle for my business.  I drove some cars and am SHOCKED by how disconnected and neutered most modern cars feel.  My beat up 2007 prius is more fun to drive. 

That being said I drove a 2013 GS with Lux package and LOVED IT.  I was looking at a 2015 and read a lot on these forums how the 2016's seem laggy in comparison.  Does the same hold true with the AWD car when going from 2015 to 2016??

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Juevi,

At the end of December 2020 I purchased a 2015 F Sport here in Pennsylvania. I also read the reviews that mentioned the perceived difference between 2015 and 2016. I believe the reference is to the transmission. However, I do not believe that pertains to the GS 350. I think it is in reference to the eight cylinder version. As far as I can tell, the GS 350s with the six cylinder engines continued with the six speed transmission. That said, I sought a 2015 because I did not want the gigantic grille. 

The car is terrific! Mine had 58,000 miles and was well maintained. It is a blast to drive. 

So, as you search for your vehicle, just look for the six cylinder powertrain. Additionally, I think you'd enjoy the F Sport option. 

Best of luck to you. 

George