What Is A Touring Class Es?

I have been searching online for some prices for front and rear replacement strut assemblies for my '95 ES300. I have come across several different websites that feature a "Touring Class" replacement strut. However, this strut is for the rear only.

I was unaware that Lexus made a Touring model for the ES300 (similar to the Infiniti I30t?) Is this a real model? Are these shocks any different than the regular ones as far as performance (I would assume a bit stiffer?)

You're probably right, but what's the difference?

KYB makes the OEM struts that I have seen, but Bilstein makes the "Touring Class" strut. The Bilstein is cheaper than the KYB (don't know if that makes a difference or not).

The Bilstein(Touring Class) replacement strut for the ES has slightly different valving then the standard OEM Lexus part. It'll give you a firmer ride.

I found out that Bilstein does NOT make any aftermarket struts or shocks for any model ES's! They do however make shocks for certain years of LS, GS, and IS Lexus's.

I found out that Bilstein does NOT make any aftermarket struts or shocks for any model ES's!

I found this site below and one other that have the same set of Bilsteins on there.

http://www2.autopartsauthority.com/parts/a...mbly&category=L

Maybe it's a typo and they are referring to the GS300 since there was a touring version of that car made.

I spoke to the Autoparts Authority and was told that their listing for Bilstein 1996 Lexus ES300 V6, Strut Assembly Touring Class, Rear - Right is INCORRECT! They do have the normal replacement struts (KYB) for the '96ES though.

Once again, as I said in a previous post: I found out that Bilstein does NOT make any aftermarket struts or shocks for any model ES's! They do however make shocks for certain years of LS, GS, and IS Lexus's. ;)