losing first part of spoken direction from Google Maps on iPhone, when using in RX350

curds

Lately I have started experiencing this weird delay when using Google Maps on my iPhone and sending it via Bluetooth (or is it Carplay?) to the car's radio.

When it gives directions, the 1st word or so is not heard e.g. instead of "turn left in 400 feet, it will just say 400 feet"

Anyone else had that problem, and found out hwy?

Edited by curds
clarity

It's not CarPlay! That came out in 2019.  There is a hint here - The fact that it's getting worse. You have two computer's talking to each other over blue tooth.

Both the vehicle and iPhone are doing multi-tasking at the same time. So when they start getting slower, maybe running too many apps, or for a variety of reasons, one of them comes in too late to catch the other ones message. You might look at the apps you are running on both systems.  Has your iPhone shown any signs of running slower than it used to?  Once again, they are computers and they start getting old like people. And like people, they don't get faster with age. :+)

I'll give that a look; maybe I am running too many apps, or maybe having radio on at same time is the problem?

But it seemed to be fine when I first got the vehicle. I thought maybe an iOS update had caused it

Thanks for your input!