Purchased 2007 LS 460 L at 183k KM- experiencing totally different ride compared to 98 LS 400

Hi everyone,

Its been a long time since i posted anything here, so i purchased a 07 LS460 white (inside beige) at 183,000 km- full options minus two things which are the radar cruise control and the air suspension not to mention the LKA ( i am located in middle east), i had no idea of the previous owner no service history at all, yes i would say i took the risk but what i felt that the car is good since it had no dashboard lights, currently only caution light is there because of the front sonar system and the as usual the ridiculous TPMS

After driving it for a while, what i imagine that how it would have felt when the car was new, i mean it should have felt that there is no road below you are just gliding on ice; the 8 speed auto gear box gives a totally different experience; what i can classify that the previous LS 400 had more punch to it compare to 460 which gives a more executive type ride but with 240+km/hr power

Soon after the purchase, i did quite a maintenance like changing the engine oilt to a Shell 5W30; replacing the transmission fluid with the Toyota WS type, differential oil at the shop most likely it was a 20W50; replaced engine coolant as it was running on water

Then i did the suspension part like replaced all the 10 bushes for the front right & left; turn the discs at the turning shop; replaced the brake pads (with cheap taiwanese which i am not satisfied always squeaking sound); made red color painting on the calipers; inner tie rod and outer tie rods replaced

And finally replaced with a brand new Dunlop SP sport maxx tires 235/45/19

Also i noticed that LS 400 used to drink around 6 liters of engine oil compared to this mammoth which eats full 8 litres

One more thing i noticed maybe it is related with the regional specs is that the Air conditioner doesn't gets switched on immediately after starting the car, its just disabled and you count i think around 15 seconds then it lets say enables the feature to switch on the AC; strange?!

Now i am planning to replace the 2 piece engine foundation and 1 piece for the transmission; and lets hope i get that gliding feeling

Thanks for reading and please do mention any of the other maintenance which is necessary at this mileage since i have no history for her

890680453_LS460L-2007-Right.thumb.jpeg.d876cc07c81839fbb58ca2262cd9e200.jpeg2100325720_LS460L-2007-Left.thumb.jpeg.8992efeda895f0b67bb14ea04469c9ba.jpeg398018741_LS460L-2007-Front.thumb.jpeg.018d7fa3e4e85e69ea43315a3309e96b.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

On 12/12/2020 at 4:21 AM, M.Yasir said:

Hi everyone,

Its been a long time since i posted anything here, so i purchased a 07 LS460 white (inside beige) at 183,000 km- full options minus two things which are the radar cruise control and the air suspension not to mention the LKA ( i am located in middle east), i had no idea of the previous owner no service history at all, yes i would say i took the risk but what i felt that the car is good since it had no dashboard lights, currently only caution light is there because of the front sonar system and the as usual the ridiculous TPMS

After driving it for a while, what i imagine that how it would have felt when the car was new, i mean it should have felt that there is no road below you are just gliding on ice; the 8 speed auto gear box gives a totally different experience; what i can classify that the previous LS 400 had more punch to it compare to 460 which gives a more executive type ride but with 240+km/hr power

Soon after the purchase, i did quite a maintenance like changing the engine oilt to a Shell 5W30; replacing the transmission fluid with the Toyota WS type, differential oil at the shop most likely it was a 20W50; replaced engine coolant as it was running on water

Then i did the suspension part like replaced all the 10 bushes for the front right & left; turn the discs at the turning shop; replaced the brake pads (with cheap taiwanese which i am not satisfied always squeaking sound); made red color painting on the calipers; inner tie rod and outer tie rods replaced

And finally replaced with a brand new Dunlop SP sport maxx tires 235/45/19

Also i noticed that LS 400 used to drink around 6 liters of engine oil compared to this mammoth which eats full 8 litres

One more thing i noticed maybe it is related with the regional specs is that the Air conditioner doesn't gets switched on immediately after starting the car, its just disabled and you count i think around 15 seconds then it lets say enables the feature to switch on the AC; strange?!

Now i am planning to replace the 2 piece engine foundation and 1 piece for the transmission; and lets hope i get that gliding feeling

Thanks for reading and please do mention any of the other maintenance which is necessary at this mileage since i have no history for her

890680453_LS460L-2007-Right.thumb.jpeg.d876cc07c81839fbb58ca2262cd9e200.jpeg2100325720_LS460L-2007-Left.thumb.jpeg.8992efeda895f0b67bb14ea04469c9ba.jpeg398018741_LS460L-2007-Front.thumb.jpeg.018d7fa3e4e85e69ea43315a3309e96b.jpeg

Nice car. It's not in my sig but I have a 07 460L and it ride very well. Just as good if not better than my 98 which I gave to my brother. The AC not starting immediately is a symptom of the blower motor being broke or a fault in the system,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/692514-a-c-malfunction.html

Hi Craig

Thanks for the reply,

After reading the above thread and multiple nested threads inside that, i came to realize that i should leave it as it is, i can wait for the initial 30 seconds to let the "AC switch off" display message in my Nav screen and then turn the AC on

However on the side note, can you please help me in setting the TPMS thing, there is a warning light popping up always

I am aware that the TPMS sensors are inside the rubber tyres but how to configure it thats a big question, i am aware that there is a reset button but unfortunately that is not working for

Thanks

On 12/28/2020 at 3:57 AM, M.Yasir said:

However on the side note, can you please help me in setting the TPMS thing, there is a warning light popping up always

I am aware that the TPMS sensors are inside the rubber tyres but how to configure it thats a big question, i am aware that there is a reset button but unfortunately that is not working for

The battery in one or more of your TPMS sensors may have failed.  An internet search indicates that the batteries last between 5 and 10 years.  My understanding is that the batteries cannot be replaced and that it is necessary to purchase new sensors and reprogram the vehicle ECU with the ID codes.

10 hours ago, 1990LS400 said:

The battery is one or more of your TPMS sensors may have failed.  An internet search indicates that the batteries last between 5 and 10 years.  My understanding is that the batteries cannot be replaced and that it is necessary to purchase new sensors and reprogram the vehicle ECU with the ID codes.

Hi Jim

Thanks for the super good info, much appreciated, i didn't know about it

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, sha4000 said:

Have you figured out the issue with the TPMS yet?

Hi Craig

Thanks for asking, to be honest i let it go; it appears i just have to replace all the sensors inside the rubber which in my opinion not worth the money considering when i am already moving to Canada sometime this year;

On 1/19/2021 at 1:16 AM, M.Yasir said:

Hi Craig

Thanks for asking, to be honest i let it go; it appears i just have to replace all the sensors inside the rubber which in my opinion not worth the money considering when i am already moving to Canada sometime this year;

I hear you but that light in the dash would annoy the heck out of me. Can you pass an inspection with the light on?

On 1/23/2021 at 11:07 AM, sha4000 said:

I hear you but that light in the dash would annoy the heck out of me. Can you pass an inspection with the light on?

Absolutely agree man, the big solid yellow exclamation and then while in motion blinking explanation is even more frustrating but as i said not worth it so i will just close my one eye

Here in this country you can pass an inspection even with the check engine light on, the inspection is not taking account the electronic part/ lights glowing in the dash, only mechanical inspection from underneath the car; oil leak check; Tyre tread check; break check; indicators check; headlight check; wipers check and you are good to go

• Like 1