Mirrors

davetruong

Hi,

I took my 01 LX470 into Lexus of Westminster to have a diagnostic done and see if they could fix the problem with my driver's side mirror; this is what they told me. The driver's side mirror does not go as far down as the right side mirror and when it comes up to its original position, it doesnt go back to the memory setting:cries: . Is this normal? Thank you in advance

It is true that the driver's and passenger's sideview mirrors tilt at different angles when your car is shifted into reverse. However, they *do* return to memory position when the car is shifted out of reverse. Your dealer is not being truthful with you - please refer to your owner's manual for complete details that you can show your dealer.

BTW, if you leave the sideview adjustment switch in the center (non-active) position, it will bypass the mirror tilting function entirely.

I just had the same problem with my 2000, they would go down but not back. It was out of warranty due to mileage but my dealer called lexus and they replaced both mirrors ($1,300) and I just paid $94 to have them installed. Lexus knows how to treat their customers and stand by their products. That's why I invested in the LX470..