Brake Light Switch

Hello! 

I have a 2006 RX400h.  Need to change the brake light switch.  Looks like I have to remove the plastic air duct to get anywhere near it, but can’t see beyond that.  

Any advice gratefully received! 
Thanks sincerely! 

Here's a procedure that should be similar to what you need to do. It was posted in 2010 by the owner of a 2005 RX330:

I replaced it today. I suspect it is easier as you do more of them, but the biggest problem is the lack of space. Here's how I did it:

1. Release the spring that attaches to the brake pedal for better access.

2. Using a 14 mm wrench, loosen the nut that holds the switch next to the mounting bracket. This is difficult because other items in the vicinity prevent you from having any swing length for the wrench. I had better luck placing the wrench from above.

3. Disconnect the wiring harness

4. Turn the cylinder portion of the switch until it backs out of the mounting bracket.

5. Replace the new switch by doing everything in reverse.

I had a very difficult time reconnecting the harness due to lack of space. I then realized that more space is gained as you turn the switch farther in the bracket. Tightening the nut was also a challenge during reinstallation. The switch works, but I do need to check to be sure the light goes on with minimal depression of the brake pedal (i.e. that I didn't screw the switch in too far).