Tweak It Yourself Question

i have a 95 es. is there anything i can do without purchasing anything extra to increase the performance? like with tools and stuff. like on carbuerated motors you tweak the mix on the carb for better performance

I recently removed the "silencer" on the air intake. In theory it should allow the engine to breathe more easily, but in fact...? Who knows with these things!? I also have a K&N Filter and together with no silencer, the engine has a much nicer growl B) Other than that, I can't really think of anything that I've done or have heard of people here doing to increase performance without buying anything.

removing the silencer makes the car "growl" louder. Doesn't sound like an improvment to me at all. hopefully it doesn't make the car sound like 1 of those lawnmower sounding hondas out there.

PITA to put the trd charger on a 95 as it has different speed sensor senders which the ebc won;t pick up to relive the boost as well as the egr is different so it won't work and pass emmisions

but your right it is defintaly the wrong car to start with.

It is actually a large plastic baffle or ballast that is used to remove sound waves as well as siphon water out of the intake air stream to the engine.

Just look in the fender it is where you get your air to the engine from it connects to the under side of the air filter canister.

I never have any luck posting pictures here or I'd post one but I'll do my best to describe it to ya and how to get it out. First off, ya need to remove the plastic underbody paneling beneath the front driver's side quarter panel (in front of wheel). Once this is removed, you should be able to look up in there and see the bottom of the silencer; it's a black "jug" about the size of a gallon milk jug. At the top up in there it has 2 bolts, one in front and one in back. Remove these and simply pull downward and it comes out. Once again, it's about the size of a gallon milk jug divided into two "sections"-top and bottom. Doesn't make a whole lotta difference, but a little more "growl" in the higher RPM range.