wheel interior corrosion causing slow tire leak

joindy

I have a 2009 RX 350 with only 78k miles. New tires last yr, but after 6 months had very slow air leak  on one of the tires...maybe 2 lbs week. Went to Tire shop and they found interior, alloy wheel corrosion causing leak. They sanded it down and leak has stopped. But now having slow leak from 2 other tires. Assume this may be same problem. Is this common for 10 yr old Lexus....low miles. Do I need new wheels, or can wheels interior be repaired?

Is there a chance that the vehicle's wheels had been immersed in water for a period of time? Our RX400h is over 15 years old and has never had this issue. Under normal conditions, wheels should never rust like that.
It is possible to take them to a shop that coats wheels. I had a set of Enkei wheels powder coated for my MX5.The cost to do was $100 per wheel.
Another option is finding a good set of used wheels from someone who replaced them with aftermarket wheels. A junkyard may also have a good set.