Knocking Sound Every Time I Use The Brakes

Hello,

I've owned my Lexus 2019 RX 450h for a year now and it has about 12,000 miles on it.  Every time I put my foot on the brakes I hear it.  It sounds like a knock.  It is driving me nuts and I hate my car because of this sound.  Every time I take it to the dealership they tell me it is normal but I don't remember a sound while I was test driving the model.  This is the same service center that told me that nothing was wrong with my tire when the tire light came on and when I refused to leave they found a small nail. 

Can someone please help me? I went online and it seems like the people that have this issue has been the brake actuator. I've talked to other Lexus drivers and no one has this sound when they step on the brakes.  I would have never bought this car if I knew it had this sound.  It also sometimes sound like a vuvuzela sometimes when I brake and it scares the daylights out of me. 

I read online that having an issue with the brake actuator can make this sound.  Is that possible?

I am in Southern California and I am willing to go to any dealership for help. 

Thank you! 

Ta

6 hours ago, Travelgirl2012 said:

Hello,

I've owned my Lexus 2019 RX 450h for a year now and it has about 12,000 miles on it.  Every time I put my foot on the brakes I hear it.  It sounds like a knock.  It is driving me nuts and I hate my car because of this sound.  Every time I take it to the dealership they tell me it is normal but I don't remember a sound while I was test driving the model.  This is the same service center that told me that nothing was wrong with my tire when the tire light came on and when I refused to leave they found a small nail. 

Can someone please help me? I went online and it seems like the people that have this issue has been the brake actuator. I've talked to other Lexus drivers and no one has this sound when they step on the brakes.  I would have never bought this car if I knew it had this sound.  It also sometimes sound like a vuvuzela sometimes when I brake and it scares the daylights out of me. 

I read online that having an issue with the brake actuator can make this sound.  Is that possible?

I am in Southern California and I am willing to go to any dealership for help. 

Thank you! 

Take it to another dealership. If it is in fact the actuator it should be covered under warranty. I have never heard of brake actuator issues on the RX but that does not mean it does not exist. This is mainly an issue with the LS 460 but way overblown IMO. Did the dealer check the brake pads or change them recently? The knock sound you describe can get pronounced when the factory shims are not placed back on the pads.