How Much Mark Ups Are On Lexus Parts From Dealer?

i was messing aroudn today and broke a few of those plastic screws that holds those plastic layers in the car. i wonder if i can find these at local auto shops or do i have to go to lexus and get them?

Here's a little insight into the dealer's markup.

1 Quart Synthetic oil, retail $5.30 (thats ALREADY marked up for profit) Lexus dealer: $19.20

2002-2004 Lexus ES CD Magazine, lexus-parts.com $24 (again, already marked up for their profit) normal Lexus dealer: $75

DVD Nav update wholesale $220 lexus-parts.com $280 (marked up for their profit) normal Lexus dealer:$380-500.

Lexus ES turnsignal bulbs retail: $2.50 Lexus: $10.50 (per bulb)

NEVER buy ANYTHING from a Lexus dealer you can find somewhere else, markups are routinely 300% or more over retail, not to mention wholesale.

Lucky we have a good sources for Lexus parts. But sometimes we have to go to is the dealership for certain parts. My buddy work at the parts department and You won't believe how much they marked them up. By low sell high , that is the name of the game. :pirate:

JPI

A few weeks ago I was shocked when my local dealer sold me a part at its normal suggested retail price. When I bought our first LS in early 1990, I found that the local dealer doubled (or more) the prices on common parts needed for maintenance. When I complained to the Toyota/Lexus organization, the local dealer was required by them to sell parts to me during the warranty period for no more than retail. But I was able to document that I made the purchase decision based on maintenance parts prices published in magazines during the first weeks that Lexus was in existance in the U.S.

There seems to be quite a few dealers in the U.S. and Canada that will sell at or slightly below retail. And the Internet has been a wonderful influence on keeping prices in check.

I suspect that the local Lexus dealer could substantially increase his parts and service volume if prices on parts were no more than suggested retail.

One thing that keeps me from buying Toyota is that in this town, the dealer nearest me is a serious rip-off on parts. One thing he does is provide his own internal part numbers on quotes and invoices, so that you can't go elsewhere to get a competitive quote on parts. No sir, no Toyota part numbers anywhere on his paperwork.

That one *really* honked me off. If his mechanic does some work to find the problem and he says the fulcrum widget costs $430, I have to do some serious legwork if I want to go source the part elsewhere and not pay his $430.

Dealerships are independent businesses, and can run their businesses any way they want. This guy chooses to be pond scum.

We have other dealers in town, for other makes, who are honest--believe it or not.

(Remember this next time someone says "dealers are by definition scum, go find an independent shop"--the dealership IS an independent shop.)