Lexus 2006 400H Battery disconnected

• 2 weeks later...

How old is the battery? Reconnect it to see if you can open the door.
But really, the first thing I would do is to take the battery to Costco or an auto parts store and have them charge and then load-test it.
If the battery is deemed to be good or is bad and is replaced, have your alternator tested with the battery installed.
My guess is that the battery needs to be replaced but depending upon the number of miles you have on the odometer, the alternator could also cause the battery to drain over time.

• 6 months later...

1. How often and for how many miles do you drive the vehicle?

2. How old is the battery?

3. Are both battery terminal clamps tight? (You should not be able to rotate either clamp.)

Hi Dave    We don't drive it much, retired.  The battery and charging system checked good.  Terminals are clean and tight.  Has a lexus battery.  We bought this last year with around 67,000 miles,  lexus report showed battery had been replaced 4-5 times.  Thought this was because not driven much.  Thinking of getting a battery quick disconnect, used one before.  Have the battery negative cable off now until going to drive it again.  Any ideas?  How about a trickle charger?  Thanks   Mike

Disconnecting the battery every time you leave your car for a few days is not a good idea. You have to reset the power windows and maybe some other electric components after the battery has been reconnected. 
In my opinion it is a better way to use a digital battery charger during the time car is not in use. Doing so you avoid the battery drainage problem.