Gauge Needles

Howdy!

I just bought a 1993 Lexus SC300, and already, the needles on the speedometer, tachometer, and temperature gauge quit lighting up.

What I was wondering, is there a way to take the "glass" cover off from in front of the instruments, so I could just paint the instrument needles white? They would be seen all the time then, even when the key is turned off, but that is okay with me.

I know I could paint them, but my problem is how the easiest way is to get to them.

Thanks for any input form all you experienced experts. This is a great site!!

theres a cmpany that sell needles for about 100bucks maybe 125 on ebay it seems like a good deal all but 2 feedbacks are good you can pick white, green blue. no red though but i think if you ask them they could do it. i am thinking about doing it. they also make the back light too. i want red needles with whiteback.

theres a cmpany that sell needles for about 100bucks maybe 125 on ebay it seems like a good deal all but 2 feedbacks are good you can pick white, green blue. no red though but i think if you ask them they could do it. i am thinking about doing it. they also make the back light too. i want red needles with whiteback.

lextech.com

Hey if you get them installed, please be sure to let everyone know how it went and how they look, I'm very interested in doing that too, white back with blue needles... :D Pictures would be awesome too, thanks!

Correction , LEXTECH.ORG They will repair the needles and set you up with new backlight bulbs , had the cluster done on my wifes 93 es300 $120.00 + shipping .

• 10 months later...