Ls 400 Stock Radio

ayan

Can anyone recommend a good multi-CD player that is compatible and can be controlled through my original 1990 LS 400 radio?....that can also be mounted in the glove compartment? Thanks.

I like the look and feel of the original trim and don't really want to replace the trim with the aftermarket mount.

ayan,

From what I have read in this and other forums, there is no after-market CD changer that can be controlled by the Pioneer head unit. You might try searching this and the other Lexus forums to see if anyone has come up with a solution. My understanding is that only the Pioneer or Nakamichi head unit that has a CD button and controls can control a CD player and that this CD player would have to be from Lexus. More recent Toyota head units having a CD button seem to have quite a few options for adding a non-OEM CD player or changer.

Your only option is going with a RF Modulated CD Changer. You can always hide the controller, if you don't want to see it.