Searching for a new LC in Infrared with black interior

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has noticed a red LC with black interior at their local dealer, preferably in the Southeast US. I've been monitoring Autotrader for a while but not having much luck and I'm not aware of any means to search Lexus dealer inventories other than pulling them up one at a time. It would be nice if there was a national Lexus database that's searchable. If you're aware of a red LC with black interior on a dealer lot in your locality please post a reply.

On a side note, am I the only one that wants a black interior? Is brown interior just that popular and black that unpopular? Or maybe there's a Japanese glut on brown leather and they're trying to get rid of it all!

Thanks!

Wouldn't your local dealership salesperson be able to do that? Black interiors in vehicles that are left outside in sunny states get to be like ovens. My wife refused to accept a black interior option for that reason. I cover my cars at work so the color doesn't really matter. Black tends to hide stains better than lighter colors, fortunately.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:54 PM, RX400h said:

Wouldn't your local dealership salesperson be able to do that? Black interiors in vehicles that are left outside in sunny states get to be like ovens. My wife refused to accept a black interior option for that reason. I cover my cars at work so the color doesn't really matter. Black tends to hide stains better than lighter colors, fortunately.

You'd think so but for some reason the local dealer only searches a 500 mile radius. Thanks for the thoughts on the black interior. I assume the preponderance of the Camel tan reflects consumer preference but I'm curious whether that preference is based on practicality or purely on emotion. I wouldn't have even given it much thought if not for all the Youtube videos of people gushing about the tan interior. Having said that I'm also happy to report that we ended up buying an Infrared with the Camel interior.  We found a virtually new 2020 model with 1700 miles that was loaded up with options and after looking at it in person (as opposed to videos and photos) my wife decided that she liked the tan better after all. And I think I'll grow to like it more, especially if the Camel tan is more popular and easier to resell someday. 

We drove it 500 miles home yesterday and thoroughly love this car. It's a pleasure to drive and we can't stop looking at it. Honestly I could park it in the driveway and pull up a lawn chair and just sit and look at it for hours. LOL!

Congratulations - excellent choice! I tell people al the time that if they are looking for a rarely seen exotic-looking sportscar that is also likely to be extremely reliable, you can't beat the LCs. I have rented (each for one day) a 2019 McLaren 570S Spyder, a 2015 BMW i8, a 2017 Jaguar F-Sport S, a 2014 Corvette Z51, and a 2020 Porsche 911 4S Cabriolet.

The BMW's heads up display was fading after a day of driving in the sun. The electric gas door release didn't work (had to use the manual cable release in the back).
The Jaguar had an illuminated check engine light.
The McLaren had a strange rattle in near the passenger seat. (But that car's acceleration scared me more than any other.)
Only the Porsche was without an issue but hey, it was almost brand new!

I am hoping to try out an LC one of these days. It is on my bucket list.

• 2 years later...

Your post is from 2020, but unless you found the car you wanted, this might be of interest to you.  McGrath Lexus in Westmont, Illinois (near Chicago) mcgrathlexus.com, lists a New 2019 LC 500 with 517 miles; Infra Red exterior and black interior.  Not certain what they mean by "new" since it is a 2019 model year.