1991 Ls400 Pioneer Radio Amp To Sub Output?

chips229

It's a farily small output, I'm estimating at 10w RMS (which equates to probably about 40w Peak to peak, amp manufacturure use inflated numbers these days). I replaced my head unit and looked at putting a more powerful subwoofer in, but your hole diameter in the back window is about 6 3/4" and all of the subwoofers I looked at were 7" or greater, and I didn't want to cut sheetmetal in such a beautiful car. I might want to restore it to stock someday.

Also, the mount to the subwoofer is a stepped mount, you would probably have to fashion custom hold-downs for the 4 mounting points for the speaker. After all of the trouble pulling XM radio cables through the car, I just didn't want to do any additional work.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you decide and how it works out.

KCB

It's a farily small output, I'm estimating at 10w RMS (which equates to probably about 40w Peak to peak, amp manufacturure use inflated numbers these days).  I replaced my head unit and looked at putting a more powerful subwoofer in, but your hole diameter in the back window is about 6 3/4" and all of the subwoofers I looked at were 7" or greater, and I didn't want to cut sheetmetal in such a beautiful car.  I might want to restore it to stock someday.

Also, the mount to the subwoofer is a stepped mount, you would probably have to fashion custom hold-downs for the 4 mounting points for the speaker.  After all of the trouble pulling XM radio cables through the car, I just didn't want to do any additional work.

Hope this helps.  Let us know what you decide and how it works out.

KCB

I also dont want to cut the car metal about....or upgrade any part of the audio in the car,it sounds good enough for me...id be happy to put a Lexus replacement sub in but here in the uk the price from Lexus for a replacement is £127 :rolleyes: :whistles: ...no way im going to pay that price as the one ive took out is just a paper cone one.Im going up to have a look at a second hand one at a breakers yard tomorrow...so all being well it will be a quick and cheap fix :D .....i was looking at replacing it with a kicker air free sub at £90,thats meant to be for sale in the shops over here at the end of the month..but like you say i would have to may be make new brackets for it to fix right..

Thanks for your info about the outputs :cheers: