Misfiring after heavy rain

Have a 1999 GS300 after heavy rains my #5 Cylinder has misfire. Windshield has been replaced almost 5 times due to roads in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Last time I had windshield replaced technician said my car had bad rust around the window seal. More than likely the Window has been leaking for quite some time due to poor installations and poor caulking and sealant around window. Today after a heavy rain car misfiring. Popped the Hood and looked and found water on the #5 Cyliinder Wire and Spark Coil Module. Took a look and I'm thinking the Window Cowl Drain is blocked and when heavy water runs down it leaks and overflows the Cowl and leaks water into the #5 and #6 cylinders. Anyone else have this issue or fix to issue?

• 2 years later...

Did you ever find the problem? My car has been having the same problem. Same year and model. I read on a forum it can be a hole under the hood that is located over the spark plug well. I covered it up with gasket maker like forum suggested. I’m waiting for a heavy rain to see if that was the cause

Edited by 2jzpac