Drivers window a no go!

914lps

Hi,
Hope folks can help. I searched for drivers window not moving motor works.... But only found things for the window switch not operating other windows.
1991 Lexus Ls400

Window is stuck down. When I hit the switch windows does not move. I can hear motor turning.

If I try down, same thing.

From LEXLS I know how to take the inside door cover off.

But I need help on what to do with the window not working.

Thank you.

Since your motor is running, might be your Power Window Switch Button broken, you just need to remove the button, to check. My fixed it by super glue, you can also buy one on Ebay.

such as

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Window-Switch-Button-for-Toyota-Lexus-Camry-Corolla-Pickup-Truck/350862715030?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

You hear the motor running, so the switch is doing what it's supposed to be doing.

I suspect your problem is with the regulator.  You're going to have to remove the door panel to confirm.

1991 FRONT DOOR WINDOW REGULATOR & HINGE_A.jpg

Thank you for the diagram. I'm sure it will help.
If the motor gets power and I hear it. How could it be the switch? A switch either completes the circuit or not. As the motor is turning I don't see how it could be the switch. Please help me understand. Is there a second circuit the switch is failing to activate?

Thank you.

Yes. you are right. My passenger site switch button was broken.  Since I can open it from driver site, so I know the motor is working, the problem must be the switch. Your problem is different. Sorry for the confusion.

Always check your fuses before anything else. My speakers had gone out, got all sorts of feed back, then I read the manual, referred to fuses bought the fuse and that fixed it. 

Glad you got it fixed.