Lexus Sc400 With 2jz?

hey guys..new to the board and i got a couple questions for ya.

i have a 1992 sc400 and i am looking to do a 2jzgte swap into it. Now should i go with a jap motor or a motor from north america. I heard the jap supra motor only have 280 horse where the north american has 320. If this is true what is the difference between them. (same internals???, just differnt head work and other crap for the increase of 40 hp)

and second where can i get one. I have called around to some shops where i live and they tell me i HAVE to order it from the states and that they cant get them in canada (hard to believe).

thanks for the help guys

the difference between the two is i think the cams and turbos

oh and just a note apparently the word J@P is not appreciated so it would be best for you not to write that but i am not really offended and i am a full blown japanese but thats just me

anyway try pick up a mag from a book store like turbo or super street or something american and call big shops that are in there.

or you can try osaka motors its in Quebec(did i spell that correctly?) my friend recently bought an sr20 from there and i put it in for him their site i think had or you could just ask them to order it for you but be careful about what you buy if you can go and look at the motor and what kinds of things that they give you. my friends motor was ok but they sent an automatic harness and auto computer but well i did the wiring anyway and it worked out. so small things (that could have been big) can cause trouble. the guys there are very helpful i hear so i guess give it a search on yahoo and give them a call. good luck!

i am sorry about the j@p comment...just lazy. I will look in to the place in Q. I have talked to a guy at Magnus Motorsports in toronto (known fo doing DSM's) and he can do it. going to cost about 10 to 15grand canadian....lets see how it is :D

Once again i am sorry for the j@ap comment. :(

o and also i heard that the motors are the same. In japan they have a hard time listing cars with more then 280 horse. Kind of an unspoken rule. thats why alot of cars are rated at 276...dont know why they do this but..

actually the japanese government made a law saying that production cars in japan can not have more than 280hp and i think thats a really stupid law considering competiton from other countries car manufacturers and now i think the new limit is 260hp and i think thats why the new LS,SC,GS along with other higher power cars in japan like the 350Z and things are at 260hp

and about how much is 10-15G's canadian? over here i hear its done for about 50-10G's total cost depending on what kinds of options you throw in

yea i think 7-12 american i think. I think it is a little high on the cost but the guy that is doing the work only works on DSM's,rx7's,supra's, and sti's. He does really good work and a friend of mine has had his 97 talon tsi AWD in there and he was really happy with the results. www.magnusmotorsports.com

as far as optiions i will have the 6-spd trans and the 2jz, with air and all that crap.

Should be nice when its done :D