Your Advice on First Lexus Purchase

Hi,

This is my first post. I'm interested in buying my first Lexus. I'm looking for an ES 3 series. Are there any problems with any of the engines as to burning oil or blowing head gaskets due to poor design, as some Camrys and Corollas have?

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Do your research of the specific model that you are interested in.  Pay that extra dollars to have a mechanic look at that car.  I have 2 es300's.  I never did swear at my Lexus.  I swear often at my BMW and Honda. The es models are "more advanced" than their cousin, the Camry.  They may share the same engine and frame, however it ends there.

Although Lexus ES models have been extremely reliable, you should always request maintenance records from the owner. If there are big mileage gaps between oil/filter changes, you should steer clear. See if you can find on online maintenance schedule for the year car you are interested in, before you call the owner or look at the car.