Twinturbo619...

How did you wire an aftermarket amp to your factory sub?  Did you also run it to your factory radio and factory speakers too?  Let me know the details, please.  I want to do that same mod.  Thanks!

hey what's up. it's a simple process if you know wiring... i ran all my speakers from a panasonic head unit and dedicated 400 watts of SONY power to my factory sub. let me tell you, this sub hits hard for being stock.

toyota_aristo_interior.sized.jpg

this is a pics of my panasonic head unit. since i had the trunk mat fitted for a factory cd changer, i just stuck the amp undeneath it and put it against the rear quarter panel of the car. so let me know what kind of equipment you have and i'll explain to you the process.

I don't have anything yet. Just getting an idea.

hey what's up. well if you're going to use an aftermarket stereo, you'll need:

1. stereo

2. amp

3. wiring

4. wire butts, connectors, wire jumpers

5. wire crimpers, wire strippers

6. particle board, power tools

7. creativity

8. patience

depending on color codes of the factory wiring... these are common colors for power, ground and remote

battery=yellow(constant power)

accessorie=red

ground=black

remote=blue

your pwr and const will depend on your style of installing...

this will be an idea of what to expect when installing:

removal of the factory stereo, with particle board and power tools, you need to make a face place for the big gap... you can either cut, or use jumpers on the original harness to power your new stereo. from your new harness, you're going to extend wiring for the speakers and remote wire(blue) and run them to the back of the trunk where the original amp is. remove the original wire harness from the amp and find speaker wires from harness. once you find speaker wires, connect using wire butts. now you got radio and speakers... now for the amp... run a power line from your battery to where ever you are going to mount it... connect a ground to the body of the car and connect the remote(blue) wire to the amp. since you already have your speakers connected to the stereo, you're going to dedicate the amp to your factory sub. just connect the subs to the amp and walla, you have your upgraded stereo and kickin sub...

like i say, this is a very sketchy way of doing it... of course there things left out but didn't want to spend half a day on this... let me know what exactly you're going to get and what you are planning to do so i can give you way more specific details...

Well, for now I have a JVC CD Changer I need to install. I am taking out that PYLE CD Changer I have because it has given me nothing but problems since day 1. Being that I have that PYLE CD Changer already, should it be easy enough for me to take out the PYLE CD Changer and install the new JVC without me messing something up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, for now I have a JVC CD Changer I need to install. I am taking out that PYLE CD Changer I have because it has given me nothing but problems since day 1. Being that I have that PYLE CD Changer already, should it be easy enough for me to take out the PYLE CD Changer and install the new JVC without me messing something up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hey there what's up... you shouldn't have a problem with swapping out the changer it self. just make sure your your connections between the changer and head unit have the same number of pins and the rca pre-outs connect. either than that, you'll be good to go.

TwinTurbo,

I see there is a wire running from my current CD Changer running from the trunk to behind my backseat. The Din plugs are not the same, so I will have to run my Din plug from my new changer to the back of my radio. Here is the tough part.... How do I get that wire from my trunk to the back of my radio? I do I get access to the back of my backseat? Do I need to take it out? If so, how do I do that? Any help you can provide me will be gratly appreciated. I am trying to do this as soon as possible. Thank you, in advance.

TwinTurbo,

I see there is a wire running from my current CD Changer running from the trunk to behind my backseat. The Din plugs are not the same, so I will have to run my Din plug from my new changer to the back of my radio. Here is the tough part.... How do I get that wire from my trunk to the back of my radio? I do I get access to the back of my backseat? Do I need to take it out? If so, how do I do that? Any help you can provide me will be gratly appreciated. I am trying to do this as soon as possible. Thank you, in advance.

hey what's up... you can put through a wire from the trunk to to radio without taking out the backseat. it's a tight squeeze but you can do it. take out the back panel of your trunk cover, on the right side of the gas tank, you'll see a small opening that will lead to your rear passenger seat quarter cushion. you can pull the quarter cushion from the top and pull the wire through and run it down and under the carpet all the way to the head unit. hope this will help you out... when i get my car back, i will snap some pics for you

What do yo mean "run it down under the carpet all the way to the head unit"? Please provide details. I need all the help and assistance I can get. Thanks, for all the info!

well since you're trying to get a wire from your trunk to your head unit, i would run it through the passenger side of the car underneath the carpet and plastic running boards and all the way to the head unit. just pop off the two running boards when you open the passenger doors, unclip the carpet and run your wiring underneath until you reach the head unit.

So, is it pretty easy to run the wire from my trunk, behind my backseat and down to the running boards? I know I am asking a lot of questions, but I just want to do this right. Listening to just the radio is driving me CRAZY! Any other details you can provide me? How should I take the console off to get to the back of my factory radio? (Top console (with the vents), then shifter console, then ashtray, then the radio)?

So, is it pretty easy to run the wire from my trunk, behind my backseat and down to the running boards? I know I am asking a lot of questions, but I just want to do this right. Listening to just the radio is driving me CRAZY! Any other details you can provide me? How should I take the console off to get to the back of my factory radio? (Top console (with the vents), then shifter console, then ashtray, then the radio)?

no worries my friend. I'm glad you're asking all these questions... that's what the forums are all about. I like to share my knowledge of the GS3/aristo to all the fellow members here. well anyways for the console, i would remove the ashtray first and then the ac vents. i think all you need is a flat head screw driver to pry out the vents and to remove the ashtray, i think all you need to do is open it up and pull it out slowly. after that, there should be brackets with screws to release the radio itself. after that you should be all good to go. I should be getting my car back tomorrow the 12th... if you want to wait a little bit longer, i can snap some pics so you'll have some concrete images of exactly what to do.

One more question: :D Do you know how to take off the antenna motor? I just received my antenna mast and it is broken, so I have to go and remove the remaining nylon tube in the motor. Thanks, again... Standing by for pics and more info..... :D

One more question: :D Do you know how to take off the antenna motor? I just received my antenna mast and it is broken, so I have to go and remove the remaining nylon tube in the motor. Thanks, again... Standing by for pics and more info..... :D

hey kino, lets see, to take remove the antenna motor, you would have to go into your trunk and remove the driver side panelling. you'll see the antenna motor chillin against the side of the fender. you'll see the bolt you need to remove. yeah, tomorrow i should get my car so please be patient with the pics.

Okay... Sorry... I will wait (impatiently)...:whistles: Just joking... Thanks, again.... :D

hey kino, one more day and hopefully my car comes out the shop, if not, i'll take pics of the trunk, running boards, and console... i would rather have my car back and take pics in my garage... i'll let you know tomorrow afternoon how it goes.

TwinTurbo,

I did the antenna yesterday. Just like new! Thanks, for all your help. All I need now is to get this darn CD Changer put in. I know you said from the trunk (passenger side), down the side of the back seat, under the running boards, up behind the glove box, to the back of the radio. To take the console off, take off the vent area, then the shifter console area, then the ashtray, then unscrew the bolts to take the radio out. I am still going to wait for pics, but I just wanted to get an idea of what I needed to do. Did I list everything correctly? Man, I am sooooo tired of listening to the radio when I have a brand new CD Changer waiting to be played. :D

TwinTurbo,

I did the antenna yesterday. Just like new! Thanks, for all your help. All I need now is to get this darn CD Changer put in. I know you said from the trunk (passenger side), down the side of the back seat, under the running boards, up behind the glove box, to the back of the radio. To take the console off, take off the vent area, then the shifter console area, then the ashtray, then unscrew the bolts to take the radio out. I am still going to wait for pics, but I just wanted to get an idea of what I needed to do. Did I list everything correctly? Man, I am sooooo tired of listening to the radio when I have a brand new CD Changer waiting to be played. :D

hey kino, today i will be checking up on my car... i'm going to take some pics of the spots today with my camera phone because i my mother took my digital camera on vacation to mexico. you'll still be able to see them clearly but might have to look harder on the trunk shot... no matter, you'll recognize it. for the radio area..

1. pull out the ashtray

2. remove the top vents

- - this will expose the top and bottom portion of your radio - -

3. remove bolts that you see holding down the bracket...

if i remember correctly, the brackets are like twin towers... they run all they way up to the vents... but everything else is right. i'll get back later on today