Steering column cover won’t come off

Gub

I have a 1994 Lexus ls400, and I’m trying to fix the steering wheel tilt. But for some reason the right side of the column won’t move. 

I have taken out the screw behind the steering wheel, and 1 from the bottom. The other screw on the bottom was missing. There’s a hole that goes directing into the column, I think that’s why the right side it stuck. 

I’ve tried just tried to rip it off but it just won’t budge (I really hope I ain’t dumb and it’s just a stubborn clip), if anyone got any ideas I would really appreciate it 

thank you 🙂

I have done it. Just disconnected the tilt in a position I like.
I do not remember any magic or violence needed at all if you find all the screws. No clips . I followed some Youtube short video if I remember correctly 

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2020 at 1:15 PM, Gub said:

I have a 1994 Lexus ls400, and I’m trying to fix the steering wheel tilt. But for some reason the right side of the column won’t move. 

I have taken out the screw behind the steering wheel, and 1 from the bottom. The other screw on the bottom was missing. There’s a hole that goes directing into the column, I think that’s why the right side it stuck. 

I’ve tried just tried to rip it off but it just won’t budge (I really hope I ain’t dumb and it’s just a stubborn clip), if anyone got any ideas I would really appreciate it 

thank you 🙂

should be 3 screws, two behind the SW, and one on the bottom AND then 2 HOOKS, either squeeze, the bottom half and lift the top off OR squeeze the top and life the bottom off