Plastic steering column cover stuck

Gub

Hey, I have a 1994 ls400 

So many of you know the fix to the steering wheel tilt of taking of the steering column cover and cleaning the blue gear. 

I’ve tried to do this but for some reason the cover will just not come off. I’ve taken out the 1 screw at the bottom and the one that’s hidden. I know there’s two at the bottom, but one of the holes where the screw should be is just a hole. Like some one took a screw driver and shoved it down the hole and broke the plastic. Looking into the hole you can see the steering motor. 

The left side comes apart easy but the right side just won’t come apart. The right side of the bottom part of the trim Just won’t move. I think it has something to do with the missing screw, maybe jamming a clip but I really don’t know. 

If y’all could help thanks (I’ve tried just ripping it off as hard as I could but that *BLEEP* stuck) 

Thanks 

There is one screw at the bottom side of that bottom part that you maybe missing. It's pretty easy to remove that plastic cover if I remember correctly.

• 1 month later...