VSC/TRAC/VGRS; Gauges Shutter/Twitch; Doors Don’t Lock!? :(

dbs600

Hello everyone,

Long time; hope all is well with you and yours.

Kindly review the photo attached.

When I started my truck today, the error lights lit.

The instrument cluster gauges also shuttered / twitched a bit, then went steady; never saw this before!

Furthermore, the passenger side view mirror wouldn’t dip down in reverse.

AND… upon coming to a stop, shutting down and looking truck from the outside, all doors wouldn’t lock! I had to lock each door individually (note, however, that the power door lock button works if the truck is turned on!).

Been raining a lot; hopefully not related to the problem? :(

Can someone please help me figure this out.

Thank you very much.

My best.

1.jpg

What a pain it was to access the passenger side foot well fuse box!

Was also difficult to pull the fuse as well. Argh.

Nevertheless, the fuse was blown.

I replaced the blown fuse, truck started up properly, but shortly after starting…

Lights on cluster resurface, mirrors stopped while dipping, auto door locks stopped working.

Can someone please advise how I can figure out what the culprit is that’s blowing the fuse?

How am I to trace this back to the source of the problem?

Any / all help would be greatly appreciated.

My best.

123.jpg

I replaced the fuse again and made sure the mirror switch was in the center / neutral position.

The instrument cluster lights cleared and the door locks work again now.

Since these items work after stopping the mirrors from dipping automatically, I think I’ve narrowed it down to the mirror dip as the cause of the fuse blowing.

Can someone please assist from here; what should I do next?

If the mirror motor is the problem, how can I replace same myself? Any good instructions / videos to do so?

Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again everyone,

Hope all is well.

So I replaced the passenger side-view mirror motor, but the problem remains!

The top row, most forward (to the front of the truck) red fuse “10” blows.

After I replace the motor, I kept the switch in the center / neutral position and did not try to have the mirrors auto-dip while in reverse, but when I went to electrically adjust the front driver’s side-view mirror, the fuse blew and the slew of dashboard warning lights lit.

I thought the problem was emanating from the front passenger mirror, as its auto-dip functionality was not working smoothly in recent time, as it’d skip / hop, shutter on its way down.

Nevertheless, I guess this has been narrowed down to the mirror(s) being the problem.

What am I to do at this time? Can someone please assist and tell me if this means I should replace the driver’s side-view mirror motor now, or can is be something else altogether?

I’d rather not buy the driver’s side-view mirror, only for the problem to remain. Argh. :(

Please advise at your earliest.

Thank you very much.

My best.

• 2 years later...