Alloys For Ls400

Hi All

I own a 1991 LS400 and want to change my alloys but finding it hard to track some down

i've been told that only certain wheels will fit due to the car having big front calipers

i'm looking for either 18" or 19" wheels

has anyone found any that will fit

if so which makes of wheel are they

i'm looking for the alloy type wheel not chrome but might consider them if they look good

Cheers

Bob

Hi Lexuslad......The main Problem is the OffSet....If you have the standard wheels on the car it will be stamped on them....it should be 50 stamped on them,it will be on the pretty side of the wheel which you see when there on the car.

Your car if standard will be running on 205/65/15....

So what ever wheels you buy MAKE sure that the Offset is as near to 50 as possible....or the fronts,mostly will rub...the top of the tyre will hit the wheel arch :(

The Offset on most cars is around 38 in the uk....so most aftermarket wheels are 38 Offset...Check out the uk version forum...should be posts about it on there.

Ive 18s on my car....would have loved 19 or 20 inch....just cant afford um.

Hope thats been of some help ;)

Cheers for that

But i did ask alot of companys in the uk as that where i'm working at the moment and they said that there are limited amount of companys that deal in wheels for this car that are off the shelf and only do 17"

where abouts did you get yours and what make of alloys are yours and model

Cheers

Bob

Its a long story... :rolleyes:

I looked into getting a set of alloys for weeks and weeks...found out about the offset etc...

They said the offset was 43...so i ordered 43!!...when i looked at the paper work it said they were 38 :chairshot: :angry: ......had to send all the wheels back to them...they had to be machined taking 3mm off the inside of the wheel where the wheel bolts to the hub...the wheels were sticking out to much hitting the wheel arch when driving on bumpy roads(everywhere in the uk :angry: )and under braking.

So take it from me..get the right offset or YOU WILL RUN INTO PROBLEMS :D

I didnt have to pay anything extra,but :angry: it took me 3 WEEKS to get the wheels back from them...PHONED THEM EVERYDAY :chairshot: .....they told me i would have them back after 2 or 3 days so i sent them back to them.

Then when i finally got them back one had a chip in the rim where it must have been dropped :rolleyes: ......then i had to wait for them to send me another :angry: ...

So youve been warned :D :D ;)

Where abouts in the uk are you then?

Hi Matey

I emailed a couple of those links and even spoke to them over the phone and they need to see my car to try some on as there is none that are off the shelf apart from mille miglia's which aren't that nice so i will keep on hunting

i need a set that are off the shelf as i'm busy with work and haven't the time so i need to order them and sent through the post so i could put them straight on

Bob

Hi Matey

I emailed a couple of those links and even spoke to them over the phone and they need to see my car to try some on as there is none that are off the shelf apart from mille miglia's which aren't that nice so i will keep on hunting

i need a set that are off the shelf as i'm busy with work and haven't the time so i need to order them and sent through the post so i could put them straight on

Bob

Thats fair enough,i :D when i saw mille miglia's .....

Glad your doing your home work ;) ....think they were the spider plus alloys,they all some do a Uno alloys,there a 5 spoke shape,but ten spokes

http://www.millemiglia.co.uk/bigwheel.php?...D=15&modelID=96

Its a tricky one,in the uk the wheels they sale that fit a LS 400 are rare because of the wheel off set :angry: :(

Good luck matey.