So now the adventure begins ...

Broc Luno

I just bought a a very clean RX 300 (03) and will bring it home tomorrow.聽 It's the one I wanted to look at two weeks ago.聽 But family responsibilities took precedence.聽 And as I checked, it disappeared off the web sites, so i assumed it was sold 馃槥

But, when we got home, it suddenly reappeared on listing sites, so I sent a message asking the dealer to hold it until I could see it and test drive ...聽 They did, and I did.聽 Paid for it and will pick up tomorrow 馃檪

Seems it threw an Air-bag code while on a test drive.聽 So the dealer put in the shop at Lexus and paid the freight for a new module.聽 The repair period was why it was off listings ...聽 The dealer (Mirage Auto Sales, Sacto) relisted it as soon as it was back.聽 Very nice folks, nice used car lot with great selection.聽 Hand selected nice vehicles only.聽 Henry (the owner) showed me all their expenses from bid to me driving it.聽 I paid the going rate as it left him with about $900 and he has to all the DVM paper work 馃檪

Silver RX300 AWD_2.jpg

93,500 miles and very clean.聽 Non-smoker AWD with fairly new tires (P225/70R16 Firestone Destination) Even the spare looks nice.聽 No cracks in the leather.聽 No scratches to really notice.聽 Engine bay and spare tire well spotless.聽 Previous owner was obviously OCD ...Top of front bumper faded, but that may be expected.聽 San Diego car traded it at the Lexus dealer on a new one ...聽 I'm the second owner 馃檪

What my wife does not know, is that I scored an OEM RX 300 Torsen diff (Posi) in South San Fran before we left with family.聽 Just had to find the right car to put it in 馃槃

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on your nice find. It鈥檚 amazing how these 1st gen RX have聽kept their looks and appeal all this time. Looking forward to see how the adventure聽goes.

I have a 99, same color,聽and now you鈥檝e got me wondering if it has the lsd since it has聽factory towing upgrades.

If you were to聽upgrade the tires, would you go with something that can still fit in the spare tire location? I鈥檓 concerned about not having a spare if I go too big...聽or having to carry a larger聽spare inside聽the cabin. But something like the general atx 225/75/R16 is聽appealing in size (no spacers or lift required).

Enjoy the RX!