I own a 2020 RX 450h F Sport, which I custom-ordered and received delivery in November, 2019.  The SUV is awesome!  I installed (myself) the appropriate two hitch, and then had a professional tow/trailer business install the 7-pin tow wiring harness. 

My question is regarding backing-up [in reverse] with my small camper attached (being towed behind) by RX.  When I towed behind my Prius and needed to backup/in reverse, and the camper attached, the rear sensors kept braking unnecessarily, thinking the Prius was about to hit or strike an object.  No matter how slow I backed-up in reverse, the Prius' rear sensors kept activating, causing the vehicle to brake (and display the STOP warning screen).

Can anyone who owns an RX (any year model) who tows, describe how to keep the sensors from braking, when in "reverse" at a slow speed and towing something behind it?

Interesting because my 18 RX with no hitch will lock up the brakes at about 12 inches from a post or grocery cart.  You can’t be towing a trailer that close to the rear bumper. So you must have some hardware that is sitting up high enough for the radar to catch the reflection.

Check setting to see if you can disable that feature.  RX Manual should help with that.

• 1 year later...