New Wheels For Sc430

markham51

I have decided to go with an aftermarket wheel rather than a TRD wheel. Does anyone know how you go about disabling the tire pressure monitoring system? I am told that I cannot move the sensing devices from my existing wheels to an aftermarket wheel so I will have to disable the warning system. :unsure:

Some wheel manufacturers such as HRE do provide straps to band the sensors to their wheels so you can continue to use them.

Here is something you may want to follow up on - as well as other 430 owners:

My service invoice described the problem as "poor assembly in rear front bushings" and refers to "TSB SU004-01", which must be the technical service bulletin. The remedy per the invoice was "replaced rear front subframe bushings".

My work was done at Longo Lexus in El Monte, California, and the service consultant was Dennis Pruett (626) 580-6250.

The sensors are located in the valve stem & are linked remotely to the detector in the car. these sensors are color coded as to which wheel they go on (note the little painted area in photo). So, be sure to put them in the right location, or you might get the idea you have a flat in the wrong place. Maybe everyone knew this, but one of mine was busted and the dealer wanted to know what color it was so he could send me the right one.

The problem with a lot of custom wheels is that the hole for th valve stem will not accomodate the stem of the RF sensor. On my HRE 540Rs, which are not compatible, HRE removed the valvestem portion from the sensor and put regular valve stems on my non run-flat tires. Then they just banded the sensors to the wheels. They sensors work fine, no light flashing and no problem. Your wheel company should have the bands, if not call Peter at Wheel experts.com and he can probably get you some. It's easy to do yourself. I didn't do it, since I had my sensors off of my crappy L-sportline wheels. It's no a problem at all. If you don't use the sensors hang on to them. They are EXPENSIVE. About $164 each!!! Hope this helps.

REGARDING THE LIGHT ON THE DASH. IT IS ACTUALLY QUITE SIMPLE TO REMOVE THE DASH. IT'S JUST THE FRONT ROUND GAGE COVER SECTION THAT COMES OFF. USING A FLAT HEAD SCREW DRIVER PLACE IT BETWEEN THE HARD PLASTIC THAT SURROUNDS THE GAGE COVER AND SOFT VINYL APPLY A LITTLE PREASURE AND IT EASILY POPS OFF. DO THE SAME TO THE OTHER SIDE. (5 SECONDS) UNSCREW THE GAGE FROM THE BACK AND APPLY A PIECE OF BLACK TAPE OVER THE WARNING LIGHT FROM THE BACK. IT TAKES ABOUT 5-10 MINS.

REGARDING THE BEEP: DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!! UNDER THE DASH BOARD NEAR THE STEERING COLUMN THERE IS A TWO PRONG BLACK CONNECTOR WITH A PURPLE WIRE AND A RED WIRE JUST TO THE LEFT OF THE COLUMN. SIMPLY DISCONNECT AND NO MORE BEEP. IT ONLY AFFECTS THE BEEPING SENSOR FOR THE RUN FLAT. TADA. LEX LUGAR

Found this looking around a little...

I can get more if needed. Just post back up...

Good luck.