RX350 2010 MPG 10-12

Ari2010

I live in Northern Alberta Canada  and I own a 2010 RX350 I average between 9.5 to 10 liters per 100km on the highway around the city it varies..

You may need a tune up depending on the Km on your car also check your Air filter.   

On 2/15/2020 at 2:48 PM, Taffy13 said:

I live in Northern Alberta Canada  and I own a 2010 RX350 I average between 9.5 to 10 liters per 100km on the highway around the city it varies..

You may need a tune up depending on the Km on your car also check your Air filter.   

Thanks. Milage is relatively low (115000km), air filter has been replaced recently. For tune up, is this something that dealer can do or better do or need to go to shops that specialize in tune up? I have never done this before. I also tried a bottle of liqui moly last week but have not seen any improvment.

based the mileage you get something must be wrong on mine

Airi2010  if you are mechanically inclined I would take †he plugs out and check †hem. Mind you the back three plugs are very tricky †o get out but you will be able to do it wth the right tools.

It’s possible you also may have leaky Injectors I would recommend some fuel injectors cleaner. 

I use Amsoil PI Additive 355mL  every  couple of tank full or when I go on a long trip before I would do anything, I would try this way first.

By the way i burn regular gas in my 2010 Rx 350 never have used premium as recommended by Lexus.

If you go to a dealer they will recommend fuel system flush and a tune up which could end up being very expensive.

Are you the original owner Of this vehicle ?

According to Lexus schedule maintenance replace spark plug (192,000Km) 

I bought this certified preowned @2013 from Lexus. I put a bottle of Liqui Moly 2007 Jectron in a 3/4 full gas tank 4 days ago, I have not seen any improvement yet but it might take more time because I have not gone through the whole tank yet. Also I always used premium octane 91 thinking its a must. I will try to check the spark plugs in a few weeks or ask a mechanic to do it for me if things does not improve.

My suggestion is to avoid using fuel additives or randomly replacing things and to take your RX to a Lexus dealership for an evaluation.

115000 km is quite low.  We have a heavier Toyota Sienna Limited van that has the same engine and transmission as your RX.  It is at 95,000 miles (about 153,000 km), runs perfectly and averages from 18 to 24 miles per gallon (13.1 to 9.8 L/100km).  It has been maintained according to the maintenance schedule.  We live in a warmer climate where temperatures average between -10 to +10 Celsius in Winter but colder temperatures should not make much difference unless you are extensively idling the engine to warm it before driving. 

The spark plugs should be good to 192,000 km / 120,000 miles.  I've always waited to 120,000 mles to change spark plugs per the maintenance schedule and old spark plugs always looked like new.

Using premium 91 octane fuel really isn't necessary.  Toyota recommends regular gasoline for the same engine in the Sienna and it runs fine on regular.