Replacement 12v battery

CanJim

I need to find a 12 volt battery for my 2015 450h. My dealer's parts department doesn't respond (?) so I'm looking for an independent source in Toronto or nearby.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know the battery is a type 35 AGM but with vent tube fitting. Doesn't need a whole lot of CCA seeing as it doesn't do much work. Has to be small to fit in under the trunk.

Thanks

They can be difficult to find outside of a Lexus dealership.  People on another forum have mentioned a shortage of the special batteries for the Toyota Highlander with stop/start - I wonder if that is related to your Lexus dealer not helping you.

You could ask a Toyota dealership and give them the type code of the battery you need.  It might be the same as ones used in the Highlander Hybrid and other Toyota hybrids.  The problem with getting a battery from a Toyota dealership is that it might not be warranted for use in your Lexus - at least that's what I was told when I started to buy a battery from a  U.S. Toyota dealership for my Lexus. 

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...