Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need to find a 12 volt battery for my 2015 450h. My dealer's parts department doesn't respond (?) so I'm looking for an independent source in Toronto or nearby.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know the battery is a type 35 AGM but with vent tube fitting. Doesn't need a whole lot of CCA seeing as it doesn't do much work. Has to be small to fit in under the trunk.

Thanks

They can be difficult to find outside of a Lexus dealership.  People on another forum have mentioned a shortage of the special batteries for the Toyota Highlander with stop/start - I wonder if that is related to your Lexus dealer not helping you.

You could ask a Toyota dealership and give them the type code of the battery you need.  It might be the same as ones used in the Highlander Hybrid and other Toyota hybrids.  The problem with getting a battery from a Toyota dealership is that it might not be warranted for use in your Lexus - at least that's what I was told when I started to buy a battery from a  U.S. Toyota dealership for my Lexus. 

• 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By NicoleH
      Hi, I’ve seen others post about this issue on the form but haven’t found a solution. 
      My iPhone easily paired with the car and I can use it for hands free calling, but the audio won’t stream via BT. I can connect vis USB (although that is temperamental and will suddenly say it can’t read the device after it’s  already been using it) but sometimes I just want to quickly connect to music. This is not new but I’m finally trying to get it to work.
      Any suggestions?
    • By mckeelh
      Hi!  On average, how much does the 2016 RX 450h 30,000 mile maintenance cost?  What services/ replacement parts are included?  My Lexus dealership said I should expect high cost.  Not sure what "high cost" to be expecting...  I'd be most appreciative to anyone that can tell me what you paid for your 30k mile check-up.
      Thanks!
    • By janeric2
      My 450h has started a beeping noise at about 2 second intervals from the area of the navigation screen. There are no warning or other caution lights associated with the noise. It is consistent whether the power is on or off. The dealer had no idea what it could be, they claim to have never had  the issue before now. 
    • By GreenRam
      I recently got a certified 2014 450h with 55K miles.  It has bumper to bumper warranty upto Aug 2020.  Being a first time Lexus and a hybrid owner, i opted for the extended warranty upto 2022 for an additional $3K.  Can some 450h owners give their views on the extended warranty.  I do not drive much, average of about 8000 miles in a year.  Will it be worth the additional 2 years as the car will be about 7 years old after 2021.    Please provide your inputs. 
    • By lexusblma
      4 Lexus IS OEM rims(17x8JJ)+Pirelli winter tires(225/45R1794H) in Toronto, Ontario
      Cdn $800
      Items in Toronto,Ontario,Canada. Cannot shipped to anywhere.
      Four excellent condition Pirelli winter tires (225/45R17 94H) & Lexus OEM rims (used only w winter tires, got separate rims for summer tires). Pirelli bought 2015 January so used only 2015 4 months,2016 & 2017 winter months. My 2007 IS350 traded in September 5,2017 so selling the package. Tires and rims always on tire rack in garage every summer and in bags.