Sign in to follow this  
DAKIDKPL

2007 Lexus ES 350

Hi, I’m thinking about purchasing a 2007 Lexus ES from this dealership, it has 168,500 miles on it. I’m looking to buy the Lexus with cash. The dealership said they’d take 4k cash plus taxes, but I think they’d take a bit less. If everything with the Lexus is fine meaning it seems to be mechanically fine, the exterior looks fine and so on, should I go ahead and buy it? I know that these Lexus’s are really good cars especially this gen. I thought I’d ask people that may know about cars than I do. (It’s one of those really big Nissan dealerships.) Could someone let me know common problems with this gen of Lexus’ too or problems they’ve had? And overall just let me know if the car is worth buying, Thanks! (No I have not checked the car out yet I live 2hrs away from where it is)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By FinallyFree
      Retiring at 68 and thinking of selling my Honda Odyssey and getting a true Luxury car; a Lexius.  Zeroing in on an older ES 350 or RX.  Maybe even a Hybrid one.
      So, I ask you experienced Lexus owners, is this a bad Idea for a single woman who can’t fix her own car?  And the closest Lexus shop is 2 hours away? 

I’d like to keep the price around 25,000 or less.  

Thank you for any insights, advice, etc
      Pam
    • By toast
      I recently bought a used 2007 Lexus ES350 that has a melted dashboard. I’ve read everywhere that Lexus covered this problem until 2017 but the previous owner never took it in to get replaced. I got quoted at the dealership $1400 for the new dashboard plus an additional $800 labor fee to get it replaced. I’m not trying to spend $2200 to get a dashboard replaced so I am planning on replacing the dashboard myself if I can find a new one. I was wondering if anyone knows what part number the replacement dashboards are so I don’t end up buying another one that will melt?
    • By Jibran Gill
      I have a es350 2015 44k miles.. i feel a thud in the transmission going from R to N, R to P. I got a complete checkup from lexus stealership since my tranny is still covered. They said its normal and the teansmissin is designed yhis way. Want your guys say on this.
    • By cygo
      Hi,
      Has anyone programmed the HomeLink from a 2007 IS250 Lexus with a 2018 model LiftMaster Premium series 8355W (belt driven) garage opener? or know if they're compatible?  I just got the LiftMaster 8355W garage opener 5 days ago and been unable to program it with HomeLink buttons in the 2007 IS250.  According to the HomeLink site, they provide instructions to program with LiftMaster for the 2007 IS150 so I assume this means it's compatible (?). Cleared all HomeLink programming and tried all the steps to program opener following instructions from Owner's Manual, HomeLink web site, various tips given online..etc. The only step that doesn't seem to match with the instructions is that when I'm trying to sync remote with the desired HomeLink button...I get the slow blinks while I'm holding both buttons but it never gets to fast blinking, just does the slow blink until the light just stops blinking. I went ahead and continued with all the remaining steps including the learn button on the opener and going back to car to press the HomeLink button. Tried all this multiple times and different ways but still no luck. Never had issues programming it previously. Wondering if anyone has successfully programming 2017 or 2018 LiftMaster with 2007 Lexus, or maybe it's no longer compatible with the latest garage openers.  
      Any info/help would be appreciated. 
    • By Ringocat
      I have a 2015 ES350 with 8,500 miles, but a strong, chemical odor in the cabin. The Lexus dealer said to have it detailed and change the cabin air filter, which did not help. I had the carpet and sound insulation replaced (~$2500) and put an ozone machine in the car for a week.  The odor is clearly coming from the seats. I left it in the garage for two weeks without cranking, and now the garage smells like that chemical, so it doesn't appear to be related to the A/C or engine. The Lexus dealer looked at it three times and said to contact corporate to get a field engineer inspection. Lexus Corporate said it was not covered under warranty (I have the 6-year extended), and that they could not help me. They suggested I try a different dealer. I can't be the first person with this problem. Any ideas? Thanks!