Replace Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 2

vissine

Hello friends,

I am thinking to replace Sensor 2 Bank 2 (downstream) as the voltage always stays at .1 Voltage. I saw the thread to cut and solder the wires but wonder if anyone has tried to remove the passenger seat to replace the whole cable? Is it easy? Thanks!

This job is not difficult theres 4 bolts to remove the seat just be careful with the connectors underneath especially if there is an airbag. Pull the carpet back to gain access to the connector. The most difficult part is getting enough leverage underneath the car to break the sensor loose.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sha4000 said:

This job is not difficult theres 4 bolts to remove the seat just be careful with the connectors underneath especially if there is an airbag. Pull the carpet back to gain access to the connector. The most difficult part is getting enough leverage underneath the car to break the sensor loose.

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like that's on my next thing-to-do list. 

• Like 1

It was human error. I cut off old oxygen sensor and replaced with a new one a few years ago. Because the replacement cable was a little longer than it should, I had to use zip tie to keep it out of the way. Recently, when I got it on a lift, the cable got crushed causing shorted.Visual check solves the problem.

I fixed mine years ago the same way and wrapped it with electrical tape which lasted a couple of years before I had to redo the connections. Finally i just bought a new plug and play sensors in 2018 since the prices had dropped significantly.

• 2 years later...

I replaced the sensor twice with a new one and one from the junk yard yet. They both don't want to read i don't know what else to do. I do have atfer Market intake i don't think is has anything to do with it. I got a gs400 1998