Door Lock Problems....

I have been wrestling with door lock problems on my 1993 Lexus SC400 for about 2 years now.

The first problem was that (using the keyless entry) the driver door lock would open but the passenger door would not.

Then the problem went to neither side would lock but I could open one or sometimes both of them.

Then usually when the weather starts getting colder both door locks will start working fine again.

I just moved to Las Vegas and we just had our second 100 degree day in May. Guess what stopped working again?? Both door locks. Now they wont lock or unlock. They jump when the remote is pressed but they just cant seem to lock or unlock.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have solution or provide on any pointers to what to look for?

Thank you,

E1

• 1 year later...

Hey I just bought a 93 SC300 and I have the exact same problems with my keyless entry as you described...just wondering if you every found the problem and /or solution??? thanks!!!

I have been wrestling with door lock problems on my 1993 Lexus SC400 for about 2 years now.

The first problem was that (using the keyless entry) the driver door lock would open but the passenger door would not.

Then the problem went to neither side would lock but I could open one or sometimes both of them.

Then usually when the weather starts getting colder both door locks will start working fine again.

I just moved to Las Vegas and we just had our second 100 degree day in May. Guess what stopped working again?? Both door locks. Now they wont lock or unlock. They jump when the remote is pressed but they just cant seem to lock or unlock.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have solution or provide on any pointers to what to look for?

Thank you,

E1