99 Lexus LS 400

Tia1118

I have a 1999 Lexus LS 400 I’m having issues not sure if this is the right place to post this question. If not please forgive me. 

Anyway, this is my issue. The car completely loses all power in the middle of driving. I have changed the battery, replaced all filters, have regular oil changes and had a tune up but I’m still having the same issue. This happens periodically. I could be driving on the interstate or down the street and the car goes down to 0 RPM’s... sometimes I have to let the car sit over night for it to start back up or it will start back up after 10 or 15 minutes. I really don’t know what to do at this point. The car will crank up but it doesn’t have enough power to go. All the lights are on the wheel isn’t locked and I can switch the gear shift. Anyone had any issues like this? 

Take it to a Lexus dealer or an independent Lexus repair shop for a diagnosis.  When I had what sounds like a similar problem 10 years ago on the 2000 LS400 I sold in 2014, the cause was an intermittently failing throttle position sensor.  That doesn't mean that your car is having the same problem.

Generically it is often a sensor that becomes sensitive to temperature at end of its life that gives this type of problem . 
On other car I have had simmilar problems and it was both times crank sensor signal acting up. 
Reading error codes should tell the story. 

• 2 weeks later...