Replacing Serpetine Belt On 96 Gs300

I need to replace the serpentine belt. The dealer quoted me $150, Yea, right! I bought the part for $20. I have done alot of mine own work, but mostly on classic cars. The 96 GS does not seem to have adjustments for the belts, as is typical with older cars (moving alternator or a/c unit, etc.). There is the large idler pulley in the middle that seems to provide the tension.

Can someone tell me exactly how to release the tension on the idler? How would you put tension back on it after installing the new belt? Any other tips and tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I might be speaking out of my :censored: here but af far as I remember, the idler pulley has a Spring? on it so it provides tension naturally.

All you need is a big torgue wrench or breaker bar on that bolt in the middle to counteract the spring and release the tension.

That is correct. I'm going to bump this over to the GS forum in case anyone has any further advice. Frankly, 150$ isn't too bad. But it is cheaper to do it yourself. Good luck.