Climate control unit can't be controlled

1UZLS4001990

I have a 1990 LS400 (with CD changer) which I swapped in a double din radio system a few weeks ago, the radio works fine apart from the fact that the climate control has a mind of its own.  I'm unable to turn it off or change any of the settings, it just keeps blowing cold air on medium regardless of what I do.  I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I removed the negative battery terminal during the swap or because it doesn't like being unplugged.  I want to enjoy my radio without the A/C constantly blowing on me, it doesn't help if I close the vents which makes it even harder to hear the radio.  

2 hours ago, 1UZLS4001990 said:

No, it's been removed years ago.

I hope you removed it completely. I asked because the telephone in my car causes all the weird with the fan (not running high speed). It happened when I bypassed the manufactured amplifiers when installing aftermarket radios. I had to remove the telephone completely for it to work normal again.

The dealer installed Lexus phone systems turned down the HVAC fan speed when a call was in progress but I don't think they affected anything else other than mute the audio system until the call was completed.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, 1990LS400 said:

The dealer installed Lexus phone systems turned down the HVAC fan speed when a call was in progress but I don't think they affected anything else other than mute the audio system until the call was completed.  

The phone never works in my car (I believe they turn off this kind of phone decades ago). The fan was intermittently at slowest speed although I set it to max.

Jim, recently, I read one of your very old posts about removing the telephone and that helped me to remove it completely. Thank you!