Parts -- where to buy (or not)

henwin

I recently had to buy a replacement part.  I checked online for the part number and prices at Lexus.com--first to make sure I was getting the correct part--and second, to have an idea about what the MSRP was.  My local dealer, Rockville Lexus (Rockville, MD) offered to sell me the part for $65 OVER MSRP.  You read it correctly--sixty-five dollars over MSRP.  I wrote a letter to the company president.  I never heard back from him, either.  Maybe I'm old-fashioned in expecting a letter--US Postal type--to be responded to within 30 days, but...I don't think so. 

I hope not all Lexus dealers are grossly over-charging their retail clients for parts, but apparently ROCKVILLE LEXUS, in ROCKVILLE, MD does.  Like Sy Syms used to say "an educated customer is our best customer."  Make sure you know the MSRP before putting your money down, and hopefully not overpaying for parts like you would if you bought at the rip-off artists at ROCKVILLE LEXUS.

I bought the part I needed from LEXUS PARTS NOW (https://www.lexuspartsnow.com) for about cost.  Significantly below MSRP.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...