Water Leak 1997 Lx450 -back Of Motor

My 1997 LX450 seems to have another one of it's constant, unusual problems. This time I am getting a small amout of anti-freese coolant on the passanger's side of the motor way in the back near where the tranny hooks to the motor. I must be leaking from the back and dripping down to the bottom of what looks like the block. It is a small leak I can see with a flashlight and drips on the stabalizer bar under the truck. Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks

Andrew

Are you sure it's not the normal dripping of condensed water from air conditioner use (which usually drips down by the rear of the engine compartment on the passenger side, almost as if under the glove box)? Although this would be just straight water rather than coolant.

This is definately coolant. However my local mechanic can find nothing wrong. He pressure tested the system and all is well. He says no problem with the head gasket which was my main concern. Not sure how the coolant seeped out but it did. It seems to be intermittent which is odd also.

I am getting ready to take the truck and family on a long trip down south so I am concerned about it.

Thanks

Andrew

When you saw the water leak, did you have the heater on? Check around heater hose and see any wear or tear. Can you still see the water leak now or just that one incident? If you go on a long trip, you can bring along some antifreeze and fresh water just in case.

Thi

• 2 weeks later...