'06 SC430 SPARE TIRE CONVERSION KIT

IKEinFL

Hello everyone!

I have a 2006 Lexus SC430 and I am thinking of converting my Michelin run flats to regular tires but would like to find the spare tire conversion kit with the spare tire for the trunk, I am also looking for an OEM SC430 car cover with bag in good to excellent condition.  Please let me know if anyone has or knows where I can purchase these items. I enjoy this forum very much, Thank you

I didn't find any conversion kits but there are currently a number of SC430 compact spare tires for sale on eBay.  Finding a full kit for a car that was discontinued 10 years ago is a stretch.

Here's an old Club Lexus forum thread about someone fabricating their own kit:  https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc430-2nd-gen-2001-2010/367394-sc430-spare-tire-kit-substitute.html 

Edit:  I was surprised that I found that the OEM spare wheel is still available as a new part - especially since it was originally not available in the U.S.:  https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/lexus-wheel-disc~42611-24430.html?Make=Lexus&Model=SC430&Year=2010&Submodel=&Filter=()

Edit #2:  LOL, the spare wheel cover for the "trunk" is still available:  https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/lexus-cover-spare-wheel~64771-24042-b0.html?Make=Lexus&Model=SC430&Year=2010&Submodel=&Filter=()

• 1 year later...

I’m very late at responding to your post, but I have a 2006 Lexus SC430 and I just put a brand new spare tire conversion kit in my car (March 2021). Here’s the deal.  Lexus no longer sells the kit as a whole but all of the parts that are in the original kit are available but you have to buy them separately through Lexus parts department.  Hope this helps. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/1/2021 at 3:32 PM, Ronaldalex said:

I’m very late at responding to your post, but I have a 2006 Lexus SC430 and I just put a brand new spare tire conversion kit in my car (March 2021). Here’s the deal.  Lexus no longer sells the kit as a whole but all of the parts that are in the original kit are available but you have to buy them separately through Lexus parts department.  Hope this helps. 

My local Lexus dealer said he could not help me with any of the parts. where did you get yours? I just bought a 2006. Only 15500 original miles so I would like to do it right within reasonable cost.