I'm looking to upgrade my 2017 RX350, loaded car with 2020. However, none of the cars shown in the dealer inventories feature the panoramic (360) surround view, that I have grown to like when parking, etc.

Lexus web site lists as an option, but, as I said, I haven't seen one on even one dealer's inventory.

Could it be that every vehicle has it?

Any ideas?

The Panoramic View Monitor is listed in the 2020 RX sales brochure as an available option:  http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/lexus/RX/Lexus_US RX_2020.pdf

Dealers don't always order and stock unsold vehicles with particular options.  If you want the optional Panoramic View Monitor, you could do a special order and get exactly what you want.  The RX350 is assembled in Ontario and shouldn't take all that long to get.  The last Toyota brand vehicle we bought was assembled in Indiana and took exactly 28 days to get on a special order.

Thanks for your reply, Jim.

I just thought it was quite unusual that none of the cars I checked in dealers' inventories had this option. Online I have looked at 25+ "loaded" vehicles at Southern California dealers, and not one shows this option.

This is surprising, in that just about every moderately equipped vehicle I have seen (Toyota Rav4, Acura, Volvo, etc.,) has this feature.

I'm wondering if Lexus has found some problems with this option, and is not shipping it yet.

2 hours ago, Uncle Shm said:

Thanks for your reply, Jim.

I just thought it was quite unusual that none of the cars I checked in dealers' inventories had this option. Online I have looked at 25+ "loaded" vehicles at Southern California dealers, and not one shows this option.

This is surprising, in that just about every moderately equipped vehicle I have seen (Toyota Rav4, Acura, Volvo, etc.,) has this feature.

I'm wondering if Lexus has found some problems with this option, and is not shipping it yet.

That's odd.  When I did a "build" of a 2020 RX350 on Lexus.com, I didn't see any mention of the optional 360 degree panoramic monitor.  It wasn't shown as being included in a package or as a standalone option.  Maybe it is not yet available.  I've see a "stop sale" on features before when problems were discovered.  That happened on the Sienna I special ordered in 2014 - there was a stop sale on the trailer hitch which I had to approve before the factory would accept my order.  There was also a stop sale on a feature we wanted on a 2014 Acura MDX we had special ordered - we cancelled the MDX order because of that and then immediately ordered the Sienna.

A Lexus dealership should be able to tell you what is going on.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 4:44 PM, coffeegirl said:

The 2019 has the camera in it. They did not put it in the 2020. I like the fully loaded luxery model on the 19 better then the 20. Good luck.

That's not correct.  I have the 2020 and it definitely has the panaramic view camer.  Quite cool actually

On 12/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, 1990LS400 said:

That's odd.  When I did a "build" of a 2020 RX350 on Lexus.com, I didn't see any mention of the optional 360 degree panoramic monitor.  It wasn't shown as being included in a package or as a standalone option.  Maybe it is not yet available.  I've see a "stop sale" on features before when problems were discovered.  That happened on the Sienna I special ordered in 2014 - there was a stop sale on the trailer hitch which I had to approve before the factory would accept my order.  There was also a stop sale on a feature we wanted on a 2014 Acura MDX we had special ordered - we cancelled the MDX order because of that and then immediately ordered the Sienna.

A Lexus dealership should be able to tell you what is going on.

It's an option, I just don't think there is a specific call out on the site for it.  

image.thumb.png.d46f3b992d3aff75eff2faeea505ee10.png