Bluetooth Connectivity Issue

Hello, 

I have a 2014 IS350 F Sport and am having Bluetooth connectivity issues. Same phone for 3 years, no issue. Usually listening to music from my phone before I’m out of the garage. Last couple of months I’ve noticed it connects for about 2 seconds then disconnects everything. You can watch it go thru successful attempt to connect to contacts, etc then immediately goes to unsuccessful attempt to connect. Any suggestions for that one? Thanks!

There were reports of a flaky iPhone update in the past couple of months that caused connectivity issues but I haven't seen anyone complain lately and assumed that it's been fixed.

Is your phone connected to other devices before you go to your car?  For example, if my Android phone is connected to our household Bluetooth phone system, it will usually not connect to any of our car systems until I drive away from the house and then I usually have to manually initiate the connection.  I've got so used to pressing the off-hook button on the steering wheel and then selecting "connect phone" on the in-dash screen that I don't have to think about it.

Does your phone have difficulty connecting to your car Bluetooth system when you are away from your house?  If not, then that's a sign that something at your house is interfering with your phone connecting to your car's Bluetooth.   My Android phone never hesitates to connect to one of our car Bluetooth systems when I'm away from the house.

My phone isn’t usually connected to anything in the house. I hadn’t considered an update being the issue but I do have an iPhone. I’ll make sure I’m up to date on updates. 

The problem happens no matter where I am, home or not. The short term fix is I turn the radio system off then on and no issues. It’s the initial connection after starting that isn’t working.

I appreciate you taking the time to try to help! 

You said in your first post that you are "Usually listening to music from my phone before I’m out of the garage."

If you are using Apple Airpod earbuds to listen to music from your phone, they connect to your phone via Bluetooth - same as your Lexus does.  If using Airpods, verify that they are not connected to your iPhone when you start your Lexus.  To make sure or just as a test, toggle Bluetooth on your phone off and then back on before starting your car and see if that helps.

Hello, 

I did an IOS update and have started the car 3 different times with a successful Bluetooth connection! By all appearances it was an Apple issue. Thank you both so much for taking the time to help, very happy it was an easy fix! Thank you!