Selling a car

janet

I inherited a 1989 Lexus LS400 from a friend 3 years ago.  He is the original owner and this car is his baby.  Unfortunately, he can no longer drive.  He took extremely good care of the car.  He said it was one of the first to come off the assembly line.  How he knew this I don't know but knowing him, I don't doubt it.  I need to sell the car at this time but do not know how to go about doing it so that I will get a fair price.  I consider the car a classic since the 1989 year was the first for the LS and it is 30 years old>  Is this a good forum to use or is there a better site?  This is my first time posting here and I'm not familiar enough with the site.  I'm sure someone out there can help me with this.  Thanks

The Club Lexus forum is far more active:  https://www.clublexus.com/forums/

Activity in LS400 forums have declined as these cars have disappeared.  

The Lexus brand and the LS400 were introduced into the U.S. in the fall of 1989.  My late next door neighbor bought an LS400 the first week they were available in 1989 and I bought one in early 1990.  I sold mine for $4,000 in 2003 after driving it 183,000 miles.

An early LS400 should be easy to sell in California if it is in at all decent condition.  There is still a lot of interest in them - especially from the very young.

Value is dependent on mileage, condition, features, interior and interior color and prices in your local market, e.g. from $500 to $5,000.

On 11/26/2019 at 6:37 AM, yesphesn said:

How much will you be selling it for?

It is in good condition because it was garaged up until 3 years ago.  It is the original Lexus blue.  It has 65,000 miles and the registration is paid for.   I would like $6500 for it but would entertain offers.  The interior is in excellent condition.  I have service records for the last 3 years.