Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick Struts & Sway Bar Bushing and Links

Hi,

Since last week, as I have been going over speed bumps, I hear a sort of clunk/creak coming from the rear part of my car. I took it to the shop and they said I need new quick struts, sway bar bushing kit (rear), and sway bar link (rear). This (plus labor and wheel alignment) costs $2000 so I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue and knows if this is an urgent matter or more of a touch-up type of repair.

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By LexusinSEMI
      I purchased my current Ultra-Luxury version of the ES350 in 2009, and think I've become a life-long Lexus driver. I take great care of the car, and other then regular oil changes, tires, brakes, and a few ticky tacky maintenance things like broken locks, burned-out headlight, etc. I've had very few issues.
      Now things seem to be popping-up including: "Replace right front inner CV joint boot," and "Replace transmission left axle seal." This is about $700 combined done at the dealership.
      I understand that parts and systems break down, though was hoping to drive the car until the end of 2017 (so to about 225,000 miles total - about 179,000 now), before getting into a newer model.

Can anyone speak to what I may expect in the next 12-24 months? What would be other typical items for age/mileage and an approximate associated cost? If every few months is going to bring with it another $500 in repairs, I'm just wondering what makes the best financial sense.
      Look forward to your input. Thanks.
    • By wineluver
      I recently installed latest nav update in my '07 es350. I had the bypass to override the lock out but it won't work in the latest generation. Anyone have the new method to access the sevice menu?