Gasoline requirement Top Tier 91 Octane?????

rfcbuf

My 2019 owners manual calls for 91 octane gas that is TOP TIER rated. Neither of these (2) requirements are available in gasoline stations conveniently close to where I live. What do most owners use to keep the GX running as it should without gas containing the proper additives to keep the engine/valves deposits in check and eliminate engine knock?

• 1 year later...

I lived near a tank farm in Greensboro NC for a time and each day Exxon, Shell, Texaco, Amoco, etc trucks all filled from the same gasoline tank day after day. I could not believe my eyes. It was like that time I found out santa clause was actually not real. 

It's when the truck places the fuel into the tank at the filling station where the so-called magic begins. The specific product is mixed in there. 

I do not know how it is done but there are brands of gasoline I get better fuel economy using. Not a lot but 15-20 miles extra a tank full. 

I prefer 93 octane in my car but if 91 is all there is so be it. 

The magic:   From the refinery, gasoline and diesel fuels are transported to terminals.

It is at these terminals that detergents and additives, are added, to formulate to produce high quality blends.

I tested my mileage with the various octane's when I 1st purchased my ES350.  The better the octane - the better the gas mileage.

One thing I really  noticed was the performance.  What a difference between 93 octane vs 88 octane.  (and the price difference)