Blower Motor

Hey everyone, I have a 2009 Lexus RX350. Recently the blower motor stopped working. I bought a new 

motor and replaced it. Nothing. So I then bought a new Blower Fan Resistor. Replaced and it worked for about 2 days and now nothing.

I have checked the under dash fuses and the fuses in the engine compartment, they are all good. is there something I am missing?

Thanks for any and all help.

Mike

12 hours ago, RX400h said:

Before you replaced the motor, did you check to see if there was power going to it? 

Actually yes. before i put the new motor in place, I ran a voltage test to the pigtail and was getting nothing. That is why i bought the blower motor resistor. Come to find out, I have a short in the pigtail from the blower motor resistor(That is why it worked for 2 days then quit). So I suppose on my wife's next day off i will have to trace that down. As of now, the new blower motor resistor & blower motor work for a while then shut down. When I restart the vehicle the fan works again.

That is odd. Of course, it'd be great to know the cause of the short. Years ago, my son had to have his air conditioning harness replaced in his Honda. One day I was returning from taking the dog for a walk when I saw a gray streak run under his car. I looked underneath but found nothing, so I assumed a large rat had been hiding in the engine bay. It turns out that the culprit was a rabbit. I found it under the hood after going to Home Depot. 

Hopefully, a rodent is not your perpetrator. 🙂