Roof Rack!

CT-Liam

I would like to get a roof rack for my 2007 es350, Looking for recommendations.

When I look up "es350 roof rack" the prices are $200-500, when I just look up "roof rack" I see prices in the $50 range.

Has anyone gotten a cheaper roof rack and had issues with installation/durability/damage to your car?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, CT-Liam said:

I would like to get a roof rack for my 2007 es350, Looking for recommendations.

When I look up "es350 roof rack" the prices are $200-500, when I just look up "roof rack" I see prices in the $50 range.

Has anyone gotten a cheaper roof rack and had issues with installation/durability/damage to your car?

Thanks!

What do you mean by "roof rack"?  Cross bars?

You are certainly not going to find new cross bars that will fit your ES for anywhere near $50.  $200 to $500 maybe but more around the $500 mark.  And that doesn't give you the components to carry anything like ski's, bikes or a cargo box.  Add $100's of dollars for those.

What do you want to carry?  Is there anyway to squeeze inside?  

I hate roof racks due to the noise and the hassle.  I've got 35 year old Yakima cross bars with aero roof and gutter roof mounting hardware with snow ski attachments and all the locks in storage.  I don't remember what I paid for the contraption back in the mid-1980's but it's a $750 set up if I was buying it today.  This crap is expensive.  I bought the Yakima to fit a Honda CRX - my winter "ski car" - but they fit my Lexus LS sedans just fine.

Used cross bars and accessory attachments are sometimes available on Craigslist but it's trial and error to see if they fit and even then they might not be cheap.