LS430 stalling issue

Abid221

Hello

I've got a 2003 LS430 with 188k on it. LPG converted. 

The latest issue is that it suddenly stalls. I think it's getting worse because it stalls every other day.

I'll stop and the traffic lights or to give way and suddenly the car is off. 

I was always under the assumption that automatics don't stall. 

What do you think is up with it.? 

Yeah, you're not going to get any help on this forum. It's too dead and our cars are too old for them to care about. They're all about the latest and greatest around here. Well... The latest anyway. Not really the greatest.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:21 PM, Abid221 said:

I've got a 2003 LS430 with 188k on it. LPG converted. 

The latest issue is that it suddenly stalls. I think it's getting worse because it stalls every other day.

I'll stop and the traffic lights or to give way and suddenly the car is off. 

I was always under the assumption that automatics don't stall. 

It sounds as though it is the idle speed control valve that needs cleaning due to carbon build up.
Should be an easy enough job to remove, clean and refit.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:55 PM, ChopsLS430 said:

Yeah, you're not going to get any help on this forum. It's too dead and our cars are too old for them to care about. They're all about the latest and greatest around here. Well... The latest anyway. Not really the greatest.

Bit of a harsh statement!  The forum is not as populated as used to be but there are still plenty of members on here that are willing to help fellow members with their problems.
As for older vehicles....I am a massive fan of older cars and run quite a few cars over 15 years old with no issues and very little cost. 
However, not a fan of current (post 2015 vehicles) models that have much higher levels of technology and even more expensive replacement parts.....nice to drive but wouldn't want (or afford) to own one 😞